The Global Shea Alliance (GSA), of which SHEA YEAH is also a member, organizes various events around the "shea industry". Among others, the Shea Conference.
Also in 2019, the annual international Shea Conference took place. This time in Accra, Ghana. And yes, there is indeed a Shea Conference :-) Food and cosmetic industry representatives from Burkina Faso, Benin, Uganda, Holland, UK, Mali, USA, Nigeria and Ghana - to name a few - attended.
The three-day program was scheduled almost non-stop with many exciting panel sessions, workshops, discussions and small business trainings. A Shea Exhibition was held concurrently with the event. Brands, logisticians, NGOs & Co. presented their products and services.
Here is a short insight into a few exciting program points:
- Shea Butter: A High Potential Ingredient for the Food Industry
- From Farm to Shelf: Delivering Handcrafted Butter to the Consumer
- Innovations in Marketing: Reaching Consumers with the Shea Story
- From Shea Women Collectors to the World
- Understanding Value Addition in Africa
- Managing Export Risks
- Supply Chain Analysis: Lifecycle Assessment
- Climate Change Adaptation in the African Shea Savannah
- Building Resilient Landscapes and Livelihoods
- New Techniques for Tree Planting
- Lessons Learnt in Tree Planting
- Promoting Environmental Protection through Indigenous Knowledge
- Ensuring Shea Traceability from Savannah to Warehouse: Mobile GPS Tracking
These were very enriching days for me and SHEA YEAH. I already know a lot about shea butter through my intensive involvement with this raw material over the past few years. But at the conference I learned a lot more. I received answers to open questions. Especially topics that are very close to my heart such as sustainability (treeplanting, income, roasting alternatives etc.) were brought closer to me. With the Swiss herbs I have been dealing with Swiss herbs for many years and I am still learning more and more. As you know, you never stop learning :-)